Question:
Whats the best way to clean rock for a freshwater aquarium?
2005-12-23 19:46:05 UTC
Whats the best way to clean rock for a freshwater aquarium?
Five answers:
eowyn_moriah_mo
2005-12-23 19:47:56 UTC
I worked at a pet store and you can buy little underwater "vacumes" that will suck up all the junk and clean your gravel.
KZ
2005-12-24 10:58:17 UTC
I assume you are talking about the small gravel. Here's what I did with my tank. I soak the rock in a bucket for at least 1-3 days. Rinse well. Gently move the gravel into the tank using your hand. If you have a glass tank, you should be careful not to throw too much gravel into the tank at once.
kevin_blue_line
2005-12-24 05:24:28 UTC
Arrange the rocks in a sliding position...I bet the junks gather to the low end of rocks...

have some sucker fish......
mami3jc
2005-12-24 18:04:09 UTC
Just give it a rinse and its ready to go in your tank.
blackhawk98011
2005-12-23 22:52:18 UTC
I think that it's (color rocks) already treated when you buy it. Just add water. That's what I did.