Question:
information on raising guppies, fishes?
simpleman6868
2006-03-07 16:44:15 UTC
information on raising guppies, fishes?
Three answers:
kendra
2006-03-07 16:55:21 UTC
Can you please elaborate?

What exactly do you want to know?

I have a 75 gallon full of fancy guppies, they are the easiest fish to care for. Keep the temperature at 79-81 degrees, check your levels at the nearest pet store, or get a home test kit. Make lots of hiding places for the babies (they are live bearers). Guppies have been known to eat their babies (like alot of fish), but plants and rocks can help them hide out (or you can get a breeding trap) .I like to keep a 2-1 female to male ratio in my tank, or 3-1 if possible. If you have a large intake stem, cover it with an old nylon or some sponge so the babies don't get sucked up.

Guppies breed in even the worst of conditions, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to propagate them.
tom
2006-03-09 15:51:31 UTC
litlle tropical fish from rivers and lakes.

Males: smaler than females but with very colourful wide tail.

Female: Lerger than males, one of unique breed of fishes whos getting birth alive litlle fishes. Female keep them(aprox.20 litlle fishes) in a uterus utill the time comes for let them out to the water.

Guppies swimm almost always in the uper part of aquarium and they loved temp. of water 24-27 C. If you have 10 adoult examples of this fishes, you can expect much more fishes during 2-3 months.
arf arf fra fra
2006-03-07 23:17:40 UTC
put a lot of vegetation, aquatic plants, in the tank along with the fishes. your guppies will surely survive. let them live like they are in their natural habitat and i'm sure you'll have healthy, lively guppies